Components are the building blocks of the page, they can have many properties, different versions, and different behaviors between different pages.
1. Components Properties (or Stories)
A component can apply multiple stories at the same time.
For example, if you have NavBar component, you need to be able to change the following properties inside the page:
- Selected Link
2. Components Versions
A Component can have many versions depending on the structure or the complexity.
Changing between versions allows you to do the following:
- Test new features without breaking your website.
- Group components with a role distinction (think about Buttons and Dropdown)
- Switch between components with a single click inside the page
- Apply the same properties (stories) to multiple versions